I’m a do-it-yourself girl, through and through. When the holiday season rolled around and holiday cards (and gifts) were in order, I turned to the good ol’ Internet for DIY ideas. In previous years, I used to make paper craft holiday cards, personalizing each design to the receiver’s interests, but quite frankly, I don’t have time for that anymore.
Personalized Leather Key Strap Tutorial
Supplies You’ll Need
- 1/2in (1.27cm) wide leather piece that’s 12 inches (30cm) long. 5-6oz thick vegetable tanned leather was used for this tutorial. If you’re using a big piece of leather, use a ruler and a rotary cutter (an X-acto knife works fine too) to cut the leather down to size.
- Leather hole puncher
- Metal Stamps (I used letters that are 6mm high)
- Metal Lanyard Snap Hook (make sure the inner D-ring is 1/2″ wide)
- 1/4″ Chicago Screw (I bought these Tandy Leather screws on Amazon)
- Beeswax (optional)
- Leather Burnisher (optional)