To make up for yesterday’s lack of a post, I decided to participate in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday (also because it’s Thanksgiving week here in the US). I don’t think I’ll make the list very book-related because there are so many more things than just books I’m thankful for. I’m not going to include the obvious ones– my more-or-less good health*, my family (love you guys!) and my friends (love you guys, too!), at least not wholly. I don’t think I’m taking this list very seriously either, since it’s one in the morning and I need to go to sleep.
10. Food I never really realized how important this was until this year when I had moments when I didn’t have time to eat. I felt miserable and cranky (I eventually ate) but it made me think about how much worse other people have it. What I experienced isn’t even a fraction of what they have to go through. Also, I’m totally missing home-cooked meals right now. So looking forward to Thanksgiving!
9. Sleep I love to sleep but I don’t get enough. I like breaks because I attempt to catch up on sleep. Attempt being the operative word here.
8. Literature set in Europe If I can’t go there, I’ll live vicariously through books.
7. People on Twitter I love you guys to decide to follow me, tweet to me, etc. I makes me feel loved and not #foreveralone. Also, I love following others on Twitter since it lets me peer into their thoughts.
6. Internet TV I don’t think I’ve watched actual TV on a TV since early summer. I’ve gotten into the habit of watching shows online. The Good Wife is so good right now. Also, PBS/Masterpiece/BBC shows are my fave but PBS needs to put more on its site.
5. Knitwear It’s below zero degrees Celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit) right now and I’m living in thick sweaters, knit hats and scarves. I’m so contemplating learning how to knit/crochet to increase my collection of knitwear and not break the bank at the same time.
4. My retainers fitting I haven’t been wearing them lately (late nights and complete laziness lead to bad choices) so it was a surprise that I could still fit them on. I got my braces off years ago but I’ve still been listening to my orthodontist, more or less. He did tell me that I could stop wearing them when I’m a grandmother. Not really sure that I’ll be wearing them for that long or that I’ll be having kids anytime soon.
3. Jokes I am known to tell bad jokes, especially puns, especially when I’m studying or it’s late at night. Laughter, they say, extends your life so I’ll probably won’t be stopping my jokes anytime soon.
2. Blogs I read blogs like no other, ever since I discovered them in early 2009 (or was it 2008?). They’re quick, easy to read, and are so much fun. The community is great, too. If you know of blogs that I should know about, please share!
1. You I wouldn’t be blogging without your support, your comments and your presence. I LOVE YOU. I’m glad you’re here, I’m glad I can talk to you (email me, tweet me, etc).
*knock on wood